Axial Flux Wind Generator


I went along this route for a few reasons. First, my tail boom hit my F&P, destroying the blades and cracking the neo-rotor. The crack was unrepairable. I noticed that the F&P with its iron core limited the amount of current, and therefore wattage, that could be produced. The losses seemed quite high. Since I was going to start over, the axial flux seemed like a nice alternative. I decided to raise my tower from 36' to 42' and had to make a coupler to attach some stronger cable.

I don't want to duplicate information from other sites. has excellent tutorials and projects so I don't have to duplicated their work. I will highlight some things I did to give you readers some ideas.




Next Page